Latest posts by Winston Ong (see all)
- A Look Back at SEO Predictions - January 1, 2017
- Are you completely misreading time on site in Google Analytics? - July 11, 2016
- Happy Mobile New Year – AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) - January 1, 2016
Content-wise, 2015 was a good year, with traffic from SEO to my knowledge base and SEO blog pages increasing by 150% YoY.
My 2016 new year’s resolutions are to:
- Write more SEO experiments, which are the most popular type of post content I write about
- Improve the site’s user experience.
An increasing proportion of SEO traffic to content and blog pages occurs on mobile devices, so my first action of 2016 to improve UX is setting up AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) in anticipation of Google’s announced upcoming integration into search results for these pages in the next few months.
WordPress has made an easy job of implementation with a simple plugin I installed today.
For example, you can see the AMP page the plugin generates for this page here.
Stripped down, AMP compliant pages are generated with the /amp/ URL sub-folder appended to the original URL. The WordPress plugin also adds the required header rel link tag in the original URL:
<link rel="amphtml" href="https://www.theseotailor.com.au/blog/happy-mobile-new-year/amp/" />
Happy new year and hello 2016!